Out Beyond Ideas of Wrongdoing and Rightdoing, There is a Field. Meet Me There.

Out Beyond Ideas of Wrongdoing and Rightdoing, There is a Field. Meet Me There.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

After all is said and done Communication is Number 1





Look at John 7:24. There, Jesus tells us to judge, but to do so righteously. Righteously means to use the Truth of the Word to discern sins and not by appearances only. In 1Cor. 6:2-3 Jesus authorizes us to judge. Judge we must else we could not discern good from bad, proper from improper, righteousness from evil. But judge behavior, not the individual; the deed not the doer; the choice not the chooser. The individual/doer/chooser is accountable for his/her deed/choice, but judge the deed/choice in your judgment. Jesus could see a king in a shepherd boy. And an Apostle in a murderer. So while we must judge one's behavior we must we try to nurture the goodness in an individual: to separate the deed from the doer.


Jesus wants us to embrace the sinner not the sin. This means he wants us to accuse and judge the sin not the person who sinned.

Hence, "he who has not sinned cast the first stone"

When the law makers of Jesus' time asked Jesus what he believed of the lady who prostituted and was sentenced to be stone to death, Jesus ignored answering that question. However they repeated it enough for Jesus to answer. He answered by saying, "he who has no sinned cast the first stone" He did not question the law as he felt that we should always judge the deeds of others but he did not judge the individual for their mishaps.

Followers of God know the different between good and bad, so it is right to feel and judge wrongful acts. Jesus' knew this and he did so, he judged others for their acts. He even acknoweledged her sins of prostituion and say, " you are forgiven, now go on and SIN NO MORE" God allows us the capacity to judge but one thing that can be understood in multiple ways: wrong from right, righteousness to evilness, proper from improper. However WE ALLL have been tempted, we all have given in to the latter, we have ALL sinned. And God knows this. He wishes upon all of us that we know this too so that we can constructively adhere to others and help them become better and not judge them from their wrongful deeds.


In my eyes that is, I would take Gods proclaimations in such a way that if I see that others are sinful, I would definately take a step back before judging them as a whole. With those around me that I know and Love I would never judge them for any wrong instead embrace them for working to change their wrong in their life. As well as try to steer them to doing what is right.

I feel that I am a 22 year old young lady who had been struggling with alot of acceptance. I have learned alot about why I am this way through a physchology course in which I learned a few years back in College. I decided to do some research on it again because I remember some of it but not all of it and I couldnt find my physchology book with all the details.

I remember one important thing that helps me everytime.
Erikson's 8 stages of development.
each stage of development is grouped by age.



first stage is 0-1 ( Trust vs. Mistrust)
second stage 2-3 ( Autonomy vs. Shame and Doubt)
third stage 4-6 ( Initiative vs. Guilt)
fith stage 7-11 (Industry vs. Inferiority)
sixth stage 12-19 (Identity vs. Role Confusion)
seventh stage 20-34(Am I loved or wanted vs. Shoul I live my life in isolation)
eigth stage 34-65 or up (Did I produce a life of real value)



You can find out more about these stages individually one your own time if you like to see what each stage discusses. But I would like to mention that Parenting is very important for the first 6 stages. And even more important for the first 3. they all have there pros and cons in brackets beside the stages and they are all usually constructed from the first 5 stages of parenting. From then on it is mainly the individuals own decisions and personalities that entice but most of their attitudes and outlooks on life are imbedded through their past.

Have hope if you have been in the less fortunate charactertics of your age group qualities though, because it can be changed if you finally see why you have been a certain way.


As I am in the Seventh Stage of my life I realised I have followed all of my previous stages quite thoroughly. And I feel if you reflect on your years and where your mentality was at each of these stages it was mainly reasoned with what that stage of life was gardned by.

I strongly encourage all of you who are learning about yourselves, or who have childred to study Eriksons 8 stages of development.


Ages 20-34 ( worthiness vs. unworthiness)
Right now, I do feel a sense of unworthyness but then I have a sense that I am worthy. I am inbetween with many things but the over haul of my mentality and my hopes and aspirations of this time is that I am loved, find love, feel love, create love.. Just love.

At this stage you begin to have regrets from your previous stage ages 12-19 where you tend to rebell, and do what you feel is right and proper. You can lose a sense of moral judgment and think ahead where you start to think ahead more constructively in the 20's and up.

If you have been raised with pros of all the previous stages, such as trust, autonomy, initiative, and Industry you have a much stronger change to feel less regret when entering your 20's.

I wanna make it clear that I don't put the blame on any one for my feelings of insecurity because it isnt something I blame about. I just know more now about parenting. I know what to look out for as I have found my reasons to why I did certain things so I know what to do to help my future children.

Going back to religion in this aspect. I love my parents and they did ALL they can do to raise me and they did it all to the best of their ability. So who I am today no matter who I am I should be thankful. And so I am.

When I have children of my own I will only be able to raise them to the best of my own ability and knowledge too. So I don't expect my future childreb to be perfect either because they too will make many mistakes. Jesus was the best parent of All and the reason why I mentioned Jesus's proclaimations at the beginning is simply because he taught his children well. Better then any law that has condemned anyone and sentenced anyone. I would never Just punish my hildren with no reason communictaion or consequence to it. but I'll never say, "you're grounded because I said so!!!" I will say what I believe is wrong with reason, provide them with the reasons why it is wrond, definately not judge them and call them all kinds of names and make them fear me for thinking shameful of them, because I too was a child and know how that feels, forgive them of their wrong and teach them not to do it again.


I gotta thank Jesus for sticking by me through it all as I navigated through all the stages I have been compelled to endure. I am VERY thank full that now I get the opportunity to see the greater scheme of things and that there were MANY reasons why I was who I was and I have the capacity to see people are always the way they are too becaus they just simply havent been taught what was right.


THANK YOU BLOGGERS FOR READING, MAN O' MAN I CAN TYPE!

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! This was a really introspective post - very uplifting and also very true!! Communication, even if you break it and splice it into small part, is still the best thing ever!! Have a great weekend!!

    XOXO
    Kiki

    ReplyDelete

54488-211-2BA8F35C284DE8DD59BD7DC321385C1C