Out Beyond Ideas of Wrongdoing and Rightdoing, There is a Field. Meet Me There.

Out Beyond Ideas of Wrongdoing and Rightdoing, There is a Field. Meet Me There.

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Poem: Mommy

To the readers, this was a poem I wrote a few years back. Still means as much as it did back then as it does today.


I want to write about my best friend, she doesn’t even know it.
I love her so much and I hardly ever show it.
She knows me so well and I chose to deny it.
But mommy, you’re my all
And I mean that every bit.
Without you; its true, I wouldn’t be here.
Without you; its true, I wouldn’t be who I am either.
I often say I’m not like you and it's wrong.
I want to be like you, I want to be strong.
I see power in you everyday of my life, I don’t know why I ignore it.
It isn’t right.
You are the strongest woman I know because you can handle me; a temper strung person, with an angry personality.
Only with you though, it's sad but it's true.
I’m a stress free kind-a girl to the rest of the world.
Maybe it's because I know you’ll take it without a fuss back,
Maybe it's because I know all you ever do is show me love back.
You don’t deserve it and I pray every night that you sleep safely for the next day to be alright.
So I can show you that side of me you hardly get.
The side that people love most about me; that side you've barely met.
I love you so much mommy,
You’re my heart and soul.
I care about you deeply…more than you’ll ever know.
I intend to be a stronger person and face my fears for once.
To be a better daughter, and show my love up front.

No comments:

Post a Comment

54488-211-2BA8F35C284DE8DD59BD7DC321385C1C